2.08.2007

BACK

BACK: Back to blogging and something else is back...

LOST: While watching the preview part of LOST's return my frustration
with this tele tale became clarified. I have never really been a hater in fact generally I love (strange string of words) the show because of its imaginative potential, the complex, messed up grossly beautiful and relationally clumsy characters. Rather than being a snob - with and the amount of TV  Americans consume- why shouldn't we feel like media critics - tis the way of journalism these days - editorialization.

Sorry about the tanget...

LOST captured my imagination in the past because the story was wide open - all things were new - faces, places, back stories. The early episodes stretched my appetite and the story was filling. Lately there HAVE BEEN MORE ANSWERS - don't always like the answers but the story has been narrowing and familiarity - yes familiarity has caused some of us know it alls some furious frustration. (I would rather be furious than blah.)

LOST: Live together or die alone
At this point in the storyline frustration comes naturally because 3 of the central characters are captive or hunted. This is a pinch point in the tale and at this bottleneck, the preasure is building. Hopefully the tension will not be lost on us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was glad to see the losties once again. I too love and hate the show for many of the same reasons as you. I love the mystery that surrounds the Island, the numbers, the entwined destinies of the losties and others. I enjoy the tension of being "lost" myself in the story. I love the individual stories of the characters, love to understand the things that made them, them. Love to see them work through their hangups and issues they brought to the island. The good and the bad. I love trying to find and search for meaning and truth in the stories, symbols, language of the show. I hate that I can't enjoy it for what it is. I hate that at the end of every show I'm unhappy because I wanted to see more, know more. I hate that I want answers, finality, closure because those things never satisfy. The shows got to go on for a few more years. Maybe the story is just too big for us to handle.

Anonymous said...

Lost: What ever happened to Walt. Was he failing young actors school and had to go back to the real world?